Raileasy's Terms and Conditions
Raileasy.co.uk is a retailer of UK rail tickets, it does not set the terms and conditions of the various ticket types. It is the individual train operating companies (TOCs) that do that. raileasy.co.uk passes these on to you, the customer. However raileasy.co.uk does have a number of requirements of you which you must agree to before buying a ticket.
1. National Rail Conditions of Carriage
The National Rail Conditions of Carriage set out the minimum level of service you are entitled to expect plus your rights and responsibilities when travelling on the National Rail network. You can view these in total by clicking here.
The Uniform Rules for the Contract of International Carriage of Passengers by Rail (“CIV”) apply to train travel on Eurostar services and apply in place of the National Rail Conditions of Carriage for journeys to and from London International. These can be viewed here along with the terms and conditions for Eurostar tickets.
2. Confirmation Of Your Booking
As soon as your booking is confirmed, a confirmation email with your reference number will automatically be emailed to the email address you entered at the time of booking. Your reference and journey details will also be shown on the screen.
- If you have not received your confirmation email, it is your responsibility to contact us and we will then resend it to you.
- If you have not received your confirmation email and you do not contact us within 28 days of making the booking, the right to a refund will be forfeited.
3. Ticket On Departure
If you select a departure point where ticket on departure machines are available, Raileasy encourages you purchase your tickets on this basis. Picking up your tickets just before you travel is very convenient. However, there are several conditions you must abide by.
- You must have the payment card to collect the tickets
- You must use the exact same card to pick up your tickets that you used to buy them. If your card has been replaced by the bank, the new card will not work, even if the details are the same.
- You are given a "ticket collection reference" when you buy your tickets and you need to type that into the ticket delivery machines at your departure station but you also have to insert the card used to buy the tickets into the machine. The machine will not deliver the tickets without the card so it is your responsibility to have the card used for booking in your possession when you pick up your ticket. We recommend that you print the confirmation email containing your reference for ease of collection.
- REMEMBER you may collect your tickets from the moment you book from any TOD station so if your card will expire before the departure date you must collect them before the card expires.
- If your card is stolen or lost please call us IMMEDIATELY.
- Arrive at least 20 minutes before travel You must make sure you arrive in enough time to collect your tickets, we recommend at least 20 minutes before departure. You cannot travel with just a ticket collection reference, you must have your tickets to travel.
- Early morning travel If you are travelling early in the morning, you must check the opening times and accessibility of the ticket collection machines. Sometimes these are only available in ticket offices which open later than the station itself.
- Issues with the ticket machines
- In the event the ticket collection machines are not working, you should go to the ticket office. In the event there is no one at the ticket office, please phone the contact number on your confirmation email and you will be advised what to do.
- Some ticket collection machines are located in unmanned stations but they will have a contact number on them if the machine breaks down. If it is not possible to get your tickets, there is a good chance you will be charged again on the train. Raileasy will refund the original tickets as long as you can demonstrate you have arrived in time, gone to the ticket office if available and contacted our call centre. If you have a camera in your mobile, it will be very useful if you can take a picture of a closed ticket office, i.e there was no one there to assist you.
- Be patient with the machines
- Please ensure you have received all your "coupons" (tickets) before moving away from the machine. You will be able to check the number of coupons you should have, either on a message from the machine, or one of your coupons will indicate how many there should be in total. The collection receipt itself doesn’t count as a coupon.
- If your tickets or a portion of your tickets fails to print there may be an issue with the machine, please flag down a station staff in the first instance. It is their obligation to go and open up the machine to see if the tickets are stuck inside. Unfortunately if your tickets fail to print we will be unable to offer a refund, the responsibility lies with the train company that manages the station. Raileasy are a retailer and therefore do not own any of the issuing machines.
4. Non TOD Tickets
- Where ticket on departure collection machines are not available, raileasy.co.uk will send your tickets by First Class post. It is your responsibility to ensure the delivery address you enter is correct.
- Your tickets can take up to 5 days to arrive but, if they have not arrived within 5 days of making the booking, it is your responsibility to contact us to advise us. Raileasy will not replace tickets if you leave it until just before you travel to advise us that your tickets have not arrived. If there is a problem with the post, the tickets will not arrive later than 5 days after purchase so it is then you must contact us.If your tickets have not arrived, you have not contacted us after five days to advise about the missing tickets and you are unable to provide evidence of repurchased tickets in the form of a receipt, your right to a refund on the missing tickets will be forfeited.
5. Seat Reservations
Where possible Raileasy will assign seat reservations for your journey, please note only advance tickets come with compulsory reservations and these are subject to availability. If you purchase a flexible ticket seat reservations cannot be guaranteed. Raileasy will also assign seating preferences where possible but again these cannot guaranteed as they are subject to availability. Raileasy cannot he held responsible for customers that do not receive seat reservations or their preferred seating arrangements.
6. Re-Checking train times
Please make sure you check your train times before you travel at National Rail Enquiries on 03457 48 49 50 or via the website www.nationalrail.co.uk to make sure there haven't been any changes to your journey as a result of engineering works for example.
7. Amendments & Cancellations
- The terms and conditions applicable to your ticket type determine the circumstances under which it can be cancelled/refunded all tickets are amendable. The ticket type's fare terms are set by the train operating companies not Raileasy. Please check the terms and conditions of your ticket before you proceed to purchase to make sure they meet your needs.
- The fare terms and conditions can be viewed when you select the times and price that suits and by clicking on the information icon next to the fare price.
- As a general rule, the fares found by selecting "cheapest" on the fares and timetable will be amendable but not cancellable/refundable. The more expensive flexible fares are usually amendable and refundable.
- You may be able to amend your journey at your departure station. You will usually be charged £10 per ticket (as well as the difference in price) at the station for changing your journey. To amend through Raileasy please re-book the same journey yourself before the original travel date (the new travel date may be after this period however).
- To cancel or amend your journey please complete the online refund application form HERE
- Note that for Advance tickets, only times and dates may be amended before the original journey but not the origin or destination. The amendment process is by re-booking your journey and claiming a refund on the originals. We cannot change your ticket for you. All amendments/rebooking for ADVANCE (non-refundable) type tickets must be made before the original departure date/time. After that time the ticket has no value and a refund will no longer be applicable.
- If your booking has been used as a replacement to refund a previous journey, then the replacement journey will become non-refundable but amendable.
- Refunds must be processed within 28 days of the travel date for a single, or within 28 days of the last date of validity for the return portion in the case of a return ticket. If you have the tickets in your possession, you may submit a refund here. Please do not dispose of your tickets until a refund has been processed and the money has been returned to your account.
- All amendments and cancellations/refunds are subject to a £10 administration fee on the face value of the tickets only. If an amendment results in a lower price ticket, the difference in fare will not be refunded. The £10 cancellation fee is charged per booking reference. Booking fees and share of split ticket savings commission are non-refundable.
- If you have a flexible return ticket, a full refund less a £10 admin fee if wholly unused and if submitted within 28 days of the expiry date of the ticket. If the inward portion is used, no refund may be given on the outward portion. If the outward portion is used, a refund on the return portion is calculated based on the amount that remains after the deduction of the equivalent single fare.
- * PLEASE NOTE Single fare plus £10 admin fee is often more expensive than a return fare so in most instances no refund will be given on part - used tickets.
- Please note for return journeys, if you are re-booking just the outward or the return journey it may be cheaper to amend the entire journey, please check available fares.
- It is not possible to refund just the outbound section of a 2-part return ticket (Super Off-Peak Return, Off-Peak Return or Anytime Return).
If your ticket(s) are used/you have travelled to your destination via an alternative route due to train cancellation/delay, you are not entitled for a refund but you are eligible for a compensation claim from the Train Company who operated your journey. Raileasy is a retailer therefore delayed and cancelled trains lie outside of our responsibilities.
If you are unsure which train company you travelled with please refer to your itinerary in the confirmation email or letter. You may be able to submit an online claim form through the Train Company website.